I decided to take another look at EM Captcha to see if there were any improvements I could quickly make.
Here is a change log from version 1.0 to 1.1:
- Removed the IP address check (due to someone potentially having a different IP address when loading and then submitting the captcha form)
- Made the code more efficient in several places
- Made the code easier to read
- Removed yellow as one of the possible captcha string colours
- Fixed the expiry time option
- Added question text option
- Made the valid check case insensitive rather than case sensitive
PHP extension / library requirements: SQLite3 and GD (Version 2.0)
True Type Fonts: 3Dumb, LimeLight, SpecialElite – Note, these fonts are subject to their own licenses which are included in the download under the “fonts” directory.